Wednesday, May 2, 2012

#.02 Plan or map out paper

To plan or map out your paper is a very important step. When mapping out a paper the first thing that I do is brainstorm for a topic. Once I have found a topic that interests me and that I feel would allow for a interesting paper I start my research. The most successful way I have found to research is by using the dmacc library. The dmacc library has many tools. I have checked out books, DVD's, and most importantly the libraries electronic data base has proven to be most helpful. Next I like to absorb the research and plan in which direction the paper should go. At this point it can sometimes be hard to start writing. One thing that my composition instructor has tried to stress is to just start writing. You can then go back and change things until you get it right. Staring at the computer screen is a wast of time but this is one aspect that I have really struggled with. Once the paper is writing and it seems to be right it is very important to have it reviewed by a peer or an instructor, This has proven to be very helpful to me as there are always things I do not see or missed. By James Sanger

No comments: