Tuesday, May 1, 2012

#303030 Accents We Never Knew Of



Throughout this semester of Comp Class we learned of some new accents. It was something of an Irish Jamaican and a German Pirate or vice versa. I could be wrong though since the class only heard it once or twice, but it was definitely something different. It was something I and probably more than half the class has never heard of.

Unfortunately for us students the accents were only done like one or two times. They were very interesting to hear, but needed just a little work. I did not know there were people that were German Pirates, but if I ever meet one I will definitely try and pull off Neuendorf’s accent for them. My accent probably won’t be as good though; I am not as talented as Neuendorf is. Of course we couldn’t have heard just a normal accent like a British accent or an Australian accent. That would have impressed us enough.

Instead of learning about grammar, spelling, how to write a paper, or other composition things, we learned about weird accents. It was entertaining though, along with learning about never having kids, about mouse hairs going to be the new wigs, and all the other messed up things we heard over the semester. I truly did like it, it woke me up in the morning and gave the class a reason to laugh. It was very different than any other class I have been in. We will all sit around and practice our accents from now on and hope to one day be as great as Mr. Neuendorf!





Breanna Hickle

No comments: