
Procrastination is my number one flaw in school. I do it for almost every assignment although a lot of the time it is from working two jobs. I wish I could follow my own advice and do papers as they are assigned instead of waiting for the last minute to do everything, but I have learned something from it. I am better under pressure because of it. If you do procrastinate consistently enough, you might just find that you work better under pressure. I recommend not getting into this habit. Here are some tips to not let yourself procrastinate.
Tip 1: Set goals for certain days, prior to the due date, to get portions of your work done.
Tip 2: Make a list of things you need to do for each day. Then see what free time you have to work some homework into.
Tip 3: Don't overload yourself with work and school. Give yourself more time in the day. Then you can utilize it more efficiently to get your homework done ahead of schedule.
There are three helpful tips to keep you from waiting until the last minute to get a project or paper done. Then you will have less stress in your life and probably more free time because you won't be worrying about that upcoming deadline. When you have your work done ahead of time, you get to relax and enjoy your time not worrying you already have that taken care of. Then you can head to my favorite bar, The Yankee Clipper, and have a taco on Tuesday.
By Matt Long
No comments:
Post a Comment