
Time management is a very important skill you will need for your entire life. People will recognize you for being able to manage your responsibilities well and in a timely fashion. It is important to get enough sleep, do enough exercise, eat the right foods, have enough fun time, all while making sure you stay on top of school. Everyone should make it a priority to distribute their time accordingly to be the most efficient.
Do you remember when you are younger and there is just so many math problems that you can't figure out, so your parent tells you to work on something else to get your juice flowing again. It always helped calm me down and get my confidence back to finish all my assignments. While in middle school, I tried this strategy again, but failed in returning to the work once I moved past it onto something else.
Don't let yourself just put off assignments and just forget about doing them because you feel less guilty by doing something else. It is easy to start working on accounting, then move on to business once accounting starts to get tedious. The next thing you know, you are finishing your composition paper that isn't due until next week, and your accounting homework that is due tomorrow isn't even done yet!
I also found it easy to put all my effort into doing research and finding different sources, but failed to put time and effort into the actual paper's organization and specific point that I wanted to make. If I would have put as much time into the organization of the paper as I did for the research, my essay would have been pristine.
It would probably benefit everyone if we all took a lesson in time management. Finding time for work, homework, friends, family, exercise, sleep, fun and alone time is extremely hard but will help you in the long run. You might have to set a bed time for yourself to be able to accomplish everything in one day, or even just set aside specific time for composition and a specific time for accounting. Just remember, you cannot recycle wasted time.
Kelsey Porter
No comments:
Post a Comment