Everyone should use pre-writing on a paper. If it is assigned it is worth your time to do it well. I wasn’t one that would generally do it before I took this class, but after pre-writing about ten different articles I wrote my ten page paper rather easily. I never realized how much pre-writing would help until I was actually assigned to do it. Take ten or so articles that are about your topic and write roughly a one page summary over each article. If those articles are written to fit into your subject, then it is very easy to almost copy and paste your summary information directly into your paper. If you do that ten times then there is a ten page paper worth of material. So would you rather write ten one page papers, or would you rather write one ten page paper. Writing a one page paper can take as little as ten minutes if you read the article and you know what you are talking about. So if you did ten of those then that would come to a grand total of less than two hours of writing and a majority if not all of a ten page paper. I don’t know about you, but writing a ten page paper will take me a lot longer than two hours. The choice is up to you, but I recommend the ten shorter papers. They are much easier to do, they are less stressful to write, and they will fit more conveniently into anyone schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment