Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#8675309 Annotated Bibliography





An annotated bibliography is kind of like a works cited page that gives a summary of each of entries on the works cited page. The reason for these annotations is to provide a summary of the source. The summaries should show the main points of the source and give the reader and idea of what the source is about.
For our composition classes first paper, we were asked to create an annotated bibliography before we wrote our papers. I believe this was a huge help in writing my paper. I first found all of the sources i was going to use for my paper that were related to my topic and wrote a summary for each one of the sources. At first I was confused to why Mr. N had us write an annotated bibliography because I've had to do them always after the paper, never before. Once I had all of my sources summary written, I just put them in and order that would work well for a three thousand word paper. I know that in the future when I have to write ridiculously large paper I will use this technique because it made the writing of the actual paper not seem so bad. Also using this technique i learned much more about my topic than i already knew because I had to research so many sources just in case I didn't meet the three thousand word mark. I would recommend this technique of paper writing to anyone who has a massive paper to compose.
By: Trey Lovell

No comments: