While writing a paper I notice a lot of times that I write too much on a specific subject. So I really need to cut down on the parts that are to long. Half the time I am pretty sure I don’t need all of what I wrote anyway. So what I do is I reread what I wrote take out what I think doesn’t need to be their. Then go to a friend, family member, or even teacher and ask them if they would read my paper and make changes. A lot of time I find myself rambling along in the paper, which should not happen in some cases. You should have your point of view if the paper calls for it but you should also have facts that back you up for your point.
Some ways to cut back are making sure it’s the length of what the teacher wants for a paper. Making sure that you has all your main points pointed out and easy to read. Taking out things that meaningless sentences are not in the paper. Put stronger words into your paper that can make the paper stronger. While you read and you feel like you really don’t need that part then delete it or make it to something that can be needed.
Ask for other options on the paper if you not really sure on weather or not you would like to delete it. Doing this can really help you because they can give you reasons as to why they don’t think it is needed.
By: Brianne Minard
No comments:
Post a Comment