Monday, April 16, 2012

#14 Annotated Bibliographies Make Writing a Paper Easier

If there is one thing I will take away from Composition II, it is annotated bibliographies are very helping in the writing process.

Annotated bibliographies are used to cite and summarize sources used in a paper or research, and to explain how or why you are going to use that source for your paper.

Although annotated bibliographies can be time consuming, in the end it will save you time when writing a draft of your paper. They will help you stay organized.

The paper that was assigned to my class had to be 3000 words. I had never written a paper of that immense length before. I did not know how I was going to tackle the paper. The first thing assigned was an annotated bibliography. It had to have least ten sources.

After I did my annotated bibliography, I just took the summaries I made of my sources, and copied and pasted them into a word document. Then I just added transition and topic sentences to make everything flow and fit together into a complete paper.

To make a work cited, I again just copied and pasted the works cited I made in my annotated bibliography.

Annotated bibliographies not only make the writing process more effective but also faster. They do take work and time, but in the end it is worth the effort. It will do wonders for any paper you are ever assigned.

By: Brittany Parlee

No comments: